It’s hard for us to believe that two years have gone by since our 2012 Furlough where we put 8,000 miles on our borrowed van, travelled to 19 states, slept in 22 different places, shared at 8 different churches and with over 14 different church groups: sharing our hour long photo presentation 36 times. Whew… just remembering that full summer still makes me feel exhausted! It was such a blessing to meet with and see almost everyone, yet at the same time it was was very exhausting.
As we entered this calendar year, we knew we had a furlough to plan for this summer, but the task seemed daunting and for many reasons, what we thought were going to be our plans, just didn’t pan out. We can see God’s hand at work through it all and have finally arrived at what we believe to be God’s plan for our furlough this time around.
We will be in the US from June 13th thru August 20th and will be visiting Florida and New Jersey. Our time in the States this summer will be shorter, and we will be doing less physical travelling. We are grateful for this, but also sad at the same time that we won’t be able to visit with all of you who support us so faithfully. Our goal is to visit the Chicago area and, Lord-willing, the Pacific Northwest on our next furlough 2 years from now.
Here is an overall schedule of our time in the US this summer:
- June 13-23: Ft. Myers area: Appointments, RMI office work, etc. Available to meet for lunch or evenings with friends/supporters.
- Sunday, June 15th: at McGregor Baptist Church, Scott Anderson Life Group
- Sunday, June 22nd: at MBC, available to speak at a life group
- June 23-July 30: South Jersey:
- June 25-28: road trip to PA to visit a few supporters
- Sunday, June 29th Morning: at Wellspring Church
- Sunday, June 29th Evening: at Linwood Community Church
- June 30-July 6: Vacation time with Thompson Family
- July 7-12: Vacation time with Brower family
- July 14-29: Free to meet with friends, supporters, anyone interested in hearing about our ministry
- Sunday, July 13th Morning: Beacon Church
- Sunday, July 20th Morning: Second Cape May Baptist Church
- Sunday, July 27th Morning: Heavenward Christian Fellowship
- July 30-August 20: Ft. Myers Area:
- Sunday, August 3rd Morning: at MBC, Ron Cook Life Group
- August 3-10: Family Vacation
- August 11-18: Free to meet with friends, supporters, anyone interested in hearing about our ministry
- August 17th: First Baptist Church of St. Petersburg (tentative)
- August 19th: drive to Ft. Lauderdale
- August 20th: Fly home to Haiti
- For travel safety and smooth flights.
- For patience with each other and our families: it’s not easy living away from home for over 2 months.
- For a fun, refreshing time for our family.
- For spiritual renewal.
- We are leaving the ministry here in good hands; pray for those whose hands it is left in, specifically Greg and Star Harvie, Benjamin Altema and Benson Joseph.
- Pray for the success of the 5 teams that RMI will be hosting in Haiti during the time that we are in the States.
If you are in the Fort Myers area or the Southern New Jersey area during these times, we really want to see you! We are working on contacting you to arrange this, but please, let us know when you want to meet. Send me an email! Let’s get a visit on the calendar! We really look forward to catching up and visiting with you.