Sunday night we had the privilege of hosting in our home Gary and Marilyn McLaughlin, RMI Missionaries in Haiti. I really like them. Gary is a hunter from Washington. His Elk hunting stories are awesome to listen to. Gary is also the one I rode motorcycles with in Haiti. While he's not overseeing work projects and leading his mechanics team working on RMI vehicles, Gary supports "Hope for Kids" by traveling all over Haiti taking pictures of kids and getting much needed information from the "information super dirt road". Marilyn does all the administration for "Hope for Kids".
In my estimation, RMI's "Hope for Kids" program is really cool. Did you know that you can sponsor a child for just $200/year? You will receive a bio for your fridge. Your sponsorship will give a child..
- school books for that year
- one school uniform
- one church uniform (this allows the child to be involved in the activities of the local church
- one pair of shoes - most often, their only shoes
- School tuition
- School entrance fee
- Medical Checkup (where available)
- Most importantly of all - hope!
You can sponsor a child by contacting us via phone, email, or sign up online here.