I am quite particular about the health, simplicity, usefulness, and organization of my contact list (address book) in my computer (please tell me you don’t still use a rolodex!). Anyone as obsessive as I am?
I want my contacts…
- …in one place. I don’t want to have to update my contacts in several places. When there is a change, I only want to change it in one place.
- …automatically synced to several machines (Home computer, work computer, iPhone, etc).
- …to be synced with my donor software (TNTMPD)
- …to be filtered or tagged into different groups (Family, Supporters, RMI, General, etc)
- …to have unlimited Home, Work, Phone, Email fields for each listing.
I have found that most of my desires are taken care of with Google Contacts. There are still some limitations that need to be updated in Google Contacts, but it is a far step above other options.
So, here are my questions for you all…
- Do you know of a good solution for sharing contacts among several people? I want to share contacts like I share calendars within Google, but true shared contacts is not available in Google. I pray it is coming, but not yet.
- I have always had “households”, or husband and wife, together, in one contact entry. But, now I am considering splitting them up. This splitting would be most helpful in email and cell phone applications. It seems a no brainer to split them up, but if I do, then my mailing/donor list is messed up. I have reasons to keep them together, and reasons to split them up. Oh, what do I do? Your opinions?