As you can imagine, we have a billion questions with no answers. But, here is what we do know...
- God is able. God is in this and will use it for His glory and our good. We trust him.
- Dr. appointments have already started. There will be 5 within the next 7 days. We are in the information gathering stage, including lots of scans and tests to determine the correct treatment plan. So far we have been told to expect surgery, chemotherapy, and likely radiation. But, a firm treatment plan can't be finalized until we know more. Next major appointment is next Thursday when we will develop a treatment plan after seeing the results of all of these scans.
- We have heard story after story of women who have had breast cancer and have survived. This encourages us.
- We have many who love us, will pray for us, and will walk through this with us. It is a blessing to have friends and family who equally honor/trust the Lord and who will encourage us to remain in him. We need this and lean on this.
- We are currently in NJ with family and plan to remain here for treatment.
- Although we don't know what the future looks like, we know we can't return home to Haiti on schedule.
- We will take this one day at a time, trusting in and looking for the purposes of God. Again, he has purpose in this for his glory and our good.
- Please pray earnestly for all of us, Becky, Rob and the kids, as we continue through this journey.
Need some encouragement? Read the recent writings of a friend of ours over at the Unlocking the Bible blog. You can check it out here.
Rob and Becky